High-performance, skin-compatible sunscreen products made with zinc oxide
The Zano® & Xperse® products at a glance
The Zano® and Xperse® portfolio from EverCare is based on three different zinc oxide powders. These have been created to offer varying, tailor made solutions in relation to UVA and UVB radiation and transparency.
Zano® is available as:
- Zano® 10, Zano® 20 & Zano® M
- As well as coated Zano® Plus
- Xperse® is the dispersed variety of the Zano®
Positive Reef Initiative
The Positive Reef Initiative is part of an international research program. The aim is to support the development of reef-friendly sunscreen products and at the same time to make a positive contribution towards halting damage to coral reefs and promoting their regeneration. Here, the initiative focuses on three pillars of responsibility:
1. Reducing carbon footprints: Reducing the impact we have on the climate by means of carbon offsetting with the United Nations.
2. Regeneration of coral reefs: Active program for mapping the demography of coral reefs off the coast of Mozambique for the systematic creation of a reef reproduction program.
3. Promoting intelligent selection of filters: Presentation of scientific and balanced approaches and views regarding the impact UV filters in sunscreens have on the health of corals and reefs.
Choosing the appropriate formulation
Reliable sun protection is not only important at high temperatures. Whenever the sun shines the skin´s complexion changes depending on the skin type and the UV rays can damage the skin. Reliable sun protection is essential for prevention. In order to ensure reliability a number of formulation related factors have to be regard. These include:
- Even distribution of the zinc oxide with the right dispersant
- A powerful emulsifier system
- The right film-forming substance for even product distribution on the skin
- Ingredients to create a unique feeling on the skin
- The selected SPF
Lipolami® ER for a unique skin feel
High-quality sunscreen products not only offer reliable protection from UV radiation, but should also give the consumer a pleasant skin - feel. Using Lipolami® ER as an ingredient does precisely that.
- Lipolami® ER helps to ensure a velvety smooth texture without leaving a sticky feeling on the skin.
- Lipolami® ER is a natural, multifunctional ingredient extracted from milk thistle.
INCI: Silybum Marianum Ethyl Ester
Did you know? Our partner Alban Muller has been presented with the sustainability award Ecovadis Platinum 2021.
Phytovie Defense use as an innovative film forming ingredient
PhytoVie® Defense forms a flexible, even film on the skin surface. It is a high-performance polymer that combines several functions in one product, including film formation, emolliency and moisturization to name but a few. PhytoVie® Defense is obtained from rapeseed and tung oils.
INCI: Brassica Campestris / Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer
For other questions relating to the topic of sunscreen and zinc oxide, project inquiries or other ingredients, please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Robert von Rönn
Managing Director – BU Life Science
Tel.: +49 1761 501 8188
Visit our formulation database for more suggested formulas!